Thursday, February 16, 2012

#2 - Updates

I thought I would try something different with my updates.  Normally I just waited long enough for some good material to build up, then do an update whenever I feel. But because of that, I don't update my blog very often.

I think it would be better to have smaller updates, but more often. So I'll be posting (hopefully!) everyday, after I finished my work for that day. Kinda like a journal for what I did.

For example, yesterday I did this:


 Some more finished art for the website. Going to color.
Frederick from this era
Old school Plexx, from the "genesis" days




And experimenting with quicker ways to color.. D: This one was: sketch >pen tool color sections in different layers > greyscale layer > then softlight + Color + overlay directly on greyscale.

The pen tool saves me time in the end if I want it to look clean but work quickly- when I can just select each area and work on only one layer. I don't know if any of this makes sense, but if someone is familiar to photoshop, It might help!


-------------------------------------

I'll get back to work, but I'll be trying this out for a while, let me know if you like it better :D

No comments: